Research into the effectiveness of animated learning boasts some big numbers. We already know that video content is powerful, especially in a world where tech is constantly competing for our attention. And with that in mind, we thought about asking ChatGPT to write this for us, but instead let’s just get to the point.
Here are the main reasons why you should be including animated learning videos into your learning and development strategy this year:
- 90% of information translated to the brain is visual
- Visuals are processes 60,000x faster in the brain than text
- Whiteboard videos have been proven to improve problem-solving skills by 75%
- After watching animated learning videos, people are 18% better at recalling information
- Retention rates are also up 15%, especially in complex topics (like people management)
- A study by Tai and Ting (2017) found that learners who were exposed to animated training videos reported higher levels of motivation and engagement than those who learned through traditional methods. And we all do things better when we are in a good mood right?
And here is a brilliant video which we think proves all of the above:
You can drop a member of the 10to3 team a line to talk about how our animated learning videos can help your managers at any time here.